Bathroom hardware materials
Bathroom hardware can usually be divided into three components: pedestal (fixed part), connecting piece, function parts. and the materials include:
- Stainless steel
- Chrome plated copper
- Aluminum alloy (or aluminum magnesium alloy)
Bathroom Hardware Inspection checklist/standard
A. Inspection standard of material strap, round barstock (material: copper, iron, aluminum):
- Whether or not sink marks on the surface of material strap and round barstock, and whether smooth or not in deformation wielding
- Measure material strap with flexible rule, caliper, and thickness gage, and measure the length, diameter, and thickness of round barstock.
- Visual observation and toss the material of iron, copper and aluminum. Distinguish soft or hard material according to the sound of falling to the ground.
B. Inspection standard of electroplates:
- No scratching, black and white, yellowing, whitish, plating spots, or peeling on the surface. With the label as a standard.
C. Inspection methods:
- No unconformity to sample and drawing standard by visual observation of the surface
- Hit electroplates with appropriate strength to see whether fall off
D. Dimension inspection standard:
Measure the dimension required by client or drawings with the medial side of flexible rule, caliper, micrometer, and thickness gage, to see whether actual measuring results within the dimension and allowance request by the client or drawings.
E. Salt spray test standard
1. Brine preparation
Brine concentration used for test should have a mass fraction of 5%. Thus the quality (weight) ratio between salt and water should be 5:95, i.e. five portions of salt diluted by ninety five portions of water. Pay attention that salt should be dry enough, or the accuracy of mass fraction will be affected. There is strict requirement for water quality and PH value. Use electronic scale to weigh in the preparation. Pay attention to the weight and accuracy of vessels.
Put products in salt spray machine, observe every two hours and keep records.
3. Inspection standard
Different kinds of surface treatment will have different decay resistance. Products used in different places and different customers’ standards vary. Specific products should be subject to customer requirements.