Why hire third party inspector for your furniture inspection?
All new furniture on display and supplied to consumers should carry appropriate display and permanent labels, with compliance information and cautionary statements.
Recommended for every shipment from Asia Quality Inspection Service
- AQI Service inspects a wide variety of furniture products including wooden, metal, plastic, upholstered, indoor, outdoor, flat-packed, and fully assembled items.
- Each furniture inspection includes comparison with approved samples, moisture content checks, load testing, size and weight measurements, as well as a thorough visual inspection for structural and aesthetic defects
Why hire third party inspector to inspect your furniture?
It is important to evaluate these products prior to shipment to ensure that all furniture models are both durable enough to normal use while also adhering to the furniture design and materials standards of the respected consumer.
Furniture quality inspections will also verify that industry standard construction and finishing methods were employed during the manufacturing of your products.
AQI Service can integrate Design and On-Site Engineering Support into any furniture inspection to ensure that your furniture items will fit the spaces they are designed for, be compatible with any optional accessories, and have the structure support you requirement.
If you manage a brand, retail operation, or have clients that are relying on you to provide a quality product in every shipment then work close with your quality inspector, train them and let them know what’s quality requirement, prepare a detail quality inspection checklist for your every shipment.
Asia Quality Inspection team was trained and our inspectors often have an engineering background. We’ll make sure you have the right team for the job and make the inspection for high product quality. Contact AQI today and schedule your next furniture inspection.
Summary of Furniture Inspection included: Wood Bed/Sofa/Chairs/Table/Desk
- 1, structure
- 2, security(stability,weight loading)
- 3, moisture content
- 4, surface treatment
- 5, paint thickness
- 6, color conformance
Below is checlist for common items in furniture quality control service:
- Check moisture content on lumber in kiln. Check moisture on plywood parts.
- Check to insure rough cut parts are the correct length, width, height or thickness to allow for machining.
- Check to insure there are no dead knots in the parts and that the live knots conform to product quality requirements.
- Inspect for wind shake, splits, honeycombs, cracking, etc.
- Insure that parts to be laminated are laminated on both sides before clamping.
- Insure that grain direction is reversed on all parts being laminated.
- Inspect for moisture content after the lamination process.
- Inspect for rough cut sizes to insure allowances are made for machining, length, width, height or thickness.
- All parts need to be checked for proper size and machining according to the detail.
- Inspect moisture content. (If moisture content is above 8% re-dry parts.)
- All parts machined to spec sheets and FC standard spec Bk.
- There are no parts splitting or cracking.
- There are no open grains.
- Check for parts being square when applicable.
- Dry fit parts to check for proper fit.
- Check all right angles.
- Inspect tops with straight edge for warping.
- Check Rab Parts for proper depth and consistent machining.
- Check that all reveals are clean at 90% and uniform in size and length.
- Inspect door style, door, side panels, parting rails, etc. For proper construction and warping (Use straight edge).
- Check all bored and mortised parts for proper size boring and tennon.
- Check all miters and compound miters for consistency and fit.
- Check boring for hardware, shelves and adjustable shelf hole spacing.
- All reveal and tops are uniform in size.
- Insure that bunn feet that cannot be turned into the carcuss post have the correct dowel length.
Leather chair details check-furniture inspection
Check that all carvings are consistent and complete. ( Used mirror image concept)
Check to insure that parts fit properly.
Pre Sanding – Parts Sanding:
- Insure all parts are sanded properly.
- Insure that the edges are broke on all parts.
- Pre-fill all tops that have open grain.
- Check carcuss to insue proper fit at all joints and that they are properly glued and screwed.
- Insure the carcus is leveled. (Sits Level)
- Check outter carcus for square.
- Check all door and drawer compartments for square and proper dimension.Check carcus top for level, front, back, and sides (Use straight edge)
- Insure that all items are strong and stable. (Use-weight test by applying minimal pressure)
- Check corner blocks to insure they have been glued and screwed.Check parting rails to include dust bottom for proper fit and that they are not warping.
- Check all under arts for uniformity. (Table Apron)
- Check to insure proper bridging is installed on all tables.
- Check for proper Drawer Costruction and pitch.
- Check for proper shelf fitting and clearnce for no sticking and proper clearance. ( By F.C Specs Book)
- Check to insure that all inside and out side dimensions are correct according to the overall size.
- Check chair seat depths.
- Insure that all pitchs conform to specifications.
- Insure no gauges, scratches, dents, nails or splintered areas are on the item.
Furniture quality control- wooden chairs accessories check
- All drawer and door deges need to be rounded. (Hand Sand Edges)
- Insure that all overlays have been properly alligned, glued and pinned nailed.
- All doors and side panels being a solid or veneered panl must have a floating panel construction. (Check Spec. Book for Construsction)
- Check all legs for champer and rounding.
- Insure all bunn feet have been glued and screwed.Insure back panels are square and screwed on not glued.
- Check tops for proper instillation, fit and screwing.
- Insure brass is permanently fixed with epoxy and nailed, and taped for finishing purposes.